There are already hundreds of premium and free options to get content from AI. This includes the popular ChatGPT, Bing AI and Google Bard. However, only plugins offer integrating this generative writing assistants directly in WordPress site. Adding to that list, Jetpack announced the new AI Assistant feature to create content right within the Gutenberg editor. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to use AI Assistant in Jetpack with your WordPress site.
Jetpack AI Assistant
The new feature is available as part of version 12.2 which was released on 06 June 2023. Therefore, make sure to update the plugin to its latest version for using AI Assistant.
How to Use AI Assistant in Jetpack?
Follow the below steps to create beautiful content with Jetpack AI Assistant:
- Go to “Posts > Add New” and create a new post with Gutenberg editor.
- Click on the “Add block” + button. Type /jet to filter Jetpack related blocks.
- Find and insert “AI Assistant (Experimental)” block.
- Click the “Write with AI…” option on the block’s toolbar and select the type of post you want to write. At this point, you can select from about, informative, step-by-step tutorial or a motivational post.
- Type your topic in the box and click “Send” button.
- Jetpack will process your request and generate the content on the fly. You will see the generated content in the editor and click “Accept” button to proceed further or click “Try Again…” to regenerate the content again.
Once you “Accept”, the content will be converted to regular Gutenberg block and you can edit further as you need.
Changing Tone and Translate
There are also two more options available with Jetpack AI Assistant block.
- Select the AI written content and then choose “Translate” from the toolbar. You will see a list of languages and select the language for translation from the list. Now, you will see the plugin nicely translates the generated content.
- Similarly, select “Change Tone” icon and select the tone from the list to rewrite the content with different tone.
Once you have a title or some content on the page, the AI Assistant offers few other options. Insert a new AI Assistant block below the title or content and click “Write with AI…” button from the toolbar. You can get further assistance based on the preceding content like correcting spelling/grammar or simplifying the article. Otherwise, you can choose to summarize or generate a post title based on entire content on the page.
And that’s it! Using the AI Assistant in Jetpack is a simple and straightforward process which can help you generate and modify content quickly and efficiently. When you are done with writing the content, click the “Publish” button to publish your post.